Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Baby #3...

That is right. Baby # 3. Are we ready? Yes. We've been in the baby mood. Truly. And since we just aren't ready for more responsibility that a new human life brings we did the next best thing. We got a dog. And now i am out of the baby mood(hopefully for awhile). Our family is now complete! We brought him home a few days ago. He is a little Shih Tzu. I grew up with a shih tzu so i knew that he would be a good dog for our home and for our kids. My mom has one right now and Gavin just loves her. The boys love their new dog, Bentley. He is so fun. He loves to chase Tanner. He tries to attack the bottom of Tanner's shorts and loves chewing on his feet. Bentley loves to tackle Gavin's face. Gavin will lay on his back and Bentley will nibble at Gavin's ears and climb onto his face. It is so funny. Our boys laugh so hard at him. When Bentley tries to bark it just sounds like a scream. The boys find it hilarious. We are excited about our new addition. He is our newest member and will be treated just like a little brother. Sort of. :) The most exciting part about it for me is watching Gavin and Tanner interact with him. They just LOVE him and it is so worth having a dog just to see their faces light up everytime they see him. He will only get to be about 5-8 pounds. Shih tzu's really don't shed much, which is really nice. They are the perfect house dog. We wanted a boxer, especially Shane, BUT it wouldn't have worked out right now. One day when we are done with the air force we will have to get one. That is Shane's dream dog. :) Anyway, this isn't our house, so a dog any bigger would not fly. :) Plus, little Bentley is so portable; we can easily take him anywhere with us. :) He is just sooooo cuddley and cute.

11 comments:

Spencer & Suzy said...

Awww, it's so cute and tiny! I was totally fooled by the title and ready to give my congratulations! :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ohmygosh--too freakin' cute!!! I think if we ever get another dog we'll go for a smaller one. I'm partial to cats (duh), but we also have a chocolate lab.

Lauri said...

Okay, I was calling to yell at you!! I seriously thought you were pregnant and didn't call me! So, fyi...if you do get pregnant and I find out through a blog, you will be in soooo much trouble! hahaha!
I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT PUPPY!!!!! OH MY WORD! HOW CUTE!!! Jocelyn said, "I want to see a bideo" so now I am requesting a video of your new baby! hehe. AWWWWWWW! I love it! Now I can go back to reading your post. :)

Amanda said...

He is TOO CUTE! How fun. I totally thought you were pregnant. SNEAKY!

Amanda said...

PS-are you sending out birth announcements? :0)

Melissa said...

I love you new puppy I have one just like him they are the same color and everything!!! TOO CUTE! His name is henry and is the best dog they are great for kids! good luck!

H.Cook said...

awwwwww... adorable!!!!!!! I love puppies!

Mandi Kay said...

So cute you guys! I let out a scream right in the middle of work thanks to the title of your post!!! HA HA. I'm in love with that little puppy.......I WANT ONE!!!

Bingham fam said...

that is alot of work!
I love him he is sooooo cute.

Cam and Chelle said...

Cute dog! How fun! I have a Q for you, email me so I can get your email... thanks! chellebirch@gmail.com

Dave and Loralee said...

the first thought I had when I read the title was "TRAITOR"!!!!! hehe. it's a cute puppy-I'm not a dog person, but he's definitely cute :)