Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Preschool...


Today was Gavin's first day of preschool. He was so excited. He was walking around this morning saying, "You can't go with me Tanner. I am going to preschool. You have to stay here." Then he said to me, "Mom, i need a lunch." I said, "you will come home for lunch. You don't need one." He said, "I don't need a lunch?!!?" He was surprised. I pack a lunch for Shane every morning and he watches me, so he assumed since he is going to school like daddy that he needed a lunch too. Then he was saying, "I need my pack pack." That is how he says it. It is sooo cute! When i picked him up he ran to me to show me a picture he colored. He felt like a big boy. I just wish he would tell me what he learns. I asked him, "What did you learn today?" He said, "I didn't learn anything mom." I said, "I mean, what did you do?" He said, "I didn't do anything mom." Okay, i said. :) He does the same thing with primary. One of these days he will feel like telling me what he learned. :)
He is such a grown up lately. He says, "ridiculous", "Tanner we don't do that," "Mom, i love you," "oh mom that is a cute shirt. i like your shirt," "Tanner you absolutely cannot go with us." He insists on closing and opening the car door with NO help from me! He will role play things that we say to him. I will walk in and he is pretending to be shane or I and then plays his part as well. It is hilarious. Yesterday he had his bumblebee transformer. He wanted to transform it back into a car. He asked Shane to do it. Shane said, "He doesn't want to be a car. He wants to stay a robot." So Gavin looked at bumblebee and asked him, "Bumblebee, do you want to stay a robot?" Then he answered for bumblebee, "NO." Then said, "Daddy he doesn't want to be a robot. He wants to be a car." He does this a lot with his toys. He has quite the imagination. I love it. It is so much fun watching him grow, but he is growing too fast. I can't believe he is going on 4 yrs. old!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

So cute! I love how Gavin wanted to pack his lunch and his "pack pack"! :) Is he going to preschool everyday? I remember you telling me he was going to start but I can't remember details! I'm glad he had fun! I'm sure you'll be getting play by plays of his whole day soon! :) After preschool, Jocelyn likes to tell me that the boys don't listen and their mommies need to teach them to listen. She also tells me just the boys go in time out b/c they don't know how to clean the toys! :) You should hear her going on and on about it! I'm sure Gavin is a good boy though! :) We love you guys.

Dave and Loralee said...

so I can't comment on the photography blog, but HOLY COW!!!! Those were AWESOME! I LOVE how the shoes one turned out-that's when I was heading out the door. And all the others were so great-can't wait to see the rest of them!!!!