Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sort of Tagged...?

Well, i wasn't specifically tagged, but my friend Loralee tagged anyone who wanted to do this and i kind of wanted to so that i can learn a little about myself.... 6 Quirky things about me...

1.I can't stand white walls(in my own house), floors, or cabinets. In our next house we will have none of these. It is too hard to keep clean. Plus, i love a WARM feeling to my house. A homey feeling. And white doesn't provide my home with that feeling.
2.I have issues with my bed covers. When we are in bed i cannot stand if one side of the bed has more covers than the other side. I HAVE to fix it. OR if the kids are just playing around on the bed...if they get messed up it drives me nuts. I keep thinking about it until it gets fixed. I feel kind of OCD with that, but it is funny b/c i definitely don't think i am an OCD person.
3.I am obsessive about my teeth and mouth. No, i didn't pick this up after meeting Shane, i have always been this way. I will avoid dark drinks or anything that will turn my teeth darker. If i drink chocolate milk or dark soda, which i rarely do, then i drink it such a way that with every drink i make an effort not to let it touch my front teeth. I can brush my teeth longer than the recommended time, easily. The first thing i must do when i wake is brush my teeth. I refuse to kiss Shane before i have brushed. I know there are a few people who are the same way and it only makes sense. It is just gross to kiss with morning breath, but i do know there are people who don't care. It just grosses me out.
4.I have to workout. It is such a habit now that i just HAVE to do it. If i have gone more than 2-3 days without exercise then i can't think about anything else until i get a workout in. It is on my mind constantly, picking at me. I constantly think about how my muscles are going through atrophy, OR think about how i probably just gained 1 pound since i haven't worked out for a few days. Pathetic. I just don't want to be another statistic.
5. I LOVE clothes, as does most every girl. My clothes that i wear that day resemble the mood i am in. They also can make my day or break my day. I know, how can i let clothes make my mood? Well, i usually don't. I usually put on what my mood is. BUT i am not happy with a new shirt for longer than a few months. I don't know what it is, but i just get sick of it. NOW, since i have been married i don't have the opportunity to shop like i used to before...we are poor students now. BUT every few months i will go buy one new shirt...my recent one only cost $9.00. :) Clothes are a huge deal to me, so one day when we actually start making money i will be a shopper! A lot of my clothes i have had for years and thankfully i can still mix and match things up enough to where i feel like i am wearing a new outfit, though i really am not. On top of that, if i am wearing something i am sick of or don't like then i just have a bad day.
6. I have to have my blinds open. I NEED the light! I have to have sunshine otherwise i am blue. Shane likes to keep them closed to conserve energy or so people can't see in. I have to have them open all the time. If he closes them i go around and open them. I always win with this one! :)

3 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Ha ha--I had actually tagged you for this a while ago, but you never came by. (I actually left the comment on your blog here since you don't frequent mine). Oh well! I love this meme.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Hey Ashlee--I haven't had a chance to respond to any comments on my blog yet, and I don't know if you subscribed to the comments (I always reply to comments--sometimes slowly, though), but I wanted to say that's great that you picked up EPL!! And a word of warning ;) The beginning is a little tough to get into, but once she gets to Italy it starts getting much better. I guess just be patient with it. I look forward to hearing what you think!

And no, haven't read Anna Karenina or any Tolstoy. Those Russian guys scare me! :)

The Beecrofts said...

It is always fun getting to know eachother a little more. As for the clothes thing. I of course get it. Have you been to Steve and Barry's yet? There is one in the Richmond mall. I love their T-shirts. And, everything is so cheap (always around $8)! The quality is still really good. They have shoes and stuff too! Hey, are you guys ever going on a date? Most nights this week are open for me...