Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cleveland Rocks...

What is the deal with people saying how much they dislike Cleveland?! Seriously. Shane and I love it a lot, actually. First of all...
1. African Americans are everywhere. They add so much spunk and personality to the city. I will be in line at the store and this black lady behind me starts telling me how hot some actor is in the PEOPLE magazine. "Oh girl, look at him." It is hilarious. They are so outgoing and always have something fun to say. (i must admit, the teens in cleveland have more attitude than i can deal with)
2. As much as i already dislike the winter's, the fall and and summer's are really great, not to mention beautiful!
3. We are within good driving distance of Kirtland, Palmyra, Niagara Falls, NYC, D.C., Amish country, the lake, the ocean, outlet malls, etc.
4. We have Lebron James! , Cavaliers, Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.(who all are doing great right now)
5. We have every store we need IN our city.
6. Our ward. I have never been in a better ward. I have NEVER had so many people sooooo willing to help!
7. Rock N Roll Hall of Fame
8. All kinds of pools and playgrounds within walking distance of our homes.
9. Only live 30 minutes from the airport!
10. Great Dental School for our husbands!
11. People here are so nice. They actually wave when you let them in front of you when you are in your car. They wave 95% of the time. NEVER have i lived anywhere where that has happened.

Yes, there are downsides to Cleveland...
1. construction on main roads that slow you down big time.
2. Constant cloud cover in the winter.
3. People don't know how to use the walking signal at intersections. They walk out in the street like they own it and you have to stop and wait for them!

Other than that, what is so wrong with Cleveland?!?! Seriously. It is a great place.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I have never been there!!!! How exciting. I love how you wrote about the african american people! They are so funny!!!!

Does your Mom and Dad live close to Cleavelan? I'm not sure where they live. How fun!!!

H.Cook said...

I must admit, Cleveland is not the best place I have lived, BUT it's really not as bad as people say :) Thanks for reminding me about the positive aspects of Cleveland. I love our ward too!

Lauren said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun vacation!I am so jealous that Shane is done with his test. Andy keeps pushing the date back and I really just want him to get it over with! So what inspired the Cleveland rocks post? You're not even in Cleveland right now, are you? just curious. There are a lot of good things about Cleveland. I like it too. Hate the winters, but over all, it is a good place. Merry Christmas!

Lauren said...

Hey guys,
Lauren is frustrated that I keep pushing the test date back. In her words,"I won't have anyone to entertain me if you push back until we are back in Cleveland." Guess that's all I am good for. I am having a hard time studying. Too much to do in this good weather. Well, my phone is still broken so I need you to email me your cell phone # shane.

Merry Christmas. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Andy

Haley said...

Cleveland does rock! It definitely has some "bumps in the road", so to speak, but I thoroughly enjoyed my 4 year stay there. I am glad you guys are having fun too!!