Monday, December 3, 2007

...That Christmas feeling...

Today was a Christmasy kind of day for us. The boys are feeling better and so we decided to go to Beachwood Mall(i love that mall!). Auntie Holly came with us. We walked around, smelled tons of perfume until our noses were confused, looked at tons of shoes(Nordstroms has tons!), enjoyed the Christmas decor, and just had fun together. Unfortunately Santa wasn't at the mall.
We came home and Holly and i decided to put up some Christmas lights outside of our home. So, we did it and it looks cute and humble. :) We were nearly frozen afterwards so we came inside and made some hot chocolate and watched The Christmas Story. It felt so much like Christmas! We are so excited to go to Minnesota for Christmas. My parents are VERY excited. They are soooo excited that they decided to have some people come in and professionally decorate the main level of the house with Christmas decor. My parents have more Christmas decorations than they know what to do with. My dad decorated the entire downstairs for the boys. He put all the boys toys downstairs and decorated it with Christmas stuff. He thinks they will be in awe, and i am sure they will. They also decorated the outside, and they are having Santa Clause come to the house on Christmas Eve night!!! I cannot wait to see how Gavin and Tanner react to him! Growing up, Santa always came to my Grandma and Grandpa Seifert's house. Oh the memories!!! Those are some of the best memories! Their house was full of cousins, aunt's, uncles. My grandma Seifert was the best and was so good at hosting so many get together's at her house. I miss her so bad. She was the best. People were just drawn to her. Anyway, i don't know how i went off about that. Back to Christmas at my parent's house. We are excited. After Shane is done with his Board test i will be so thrilled(i know he will too). But, he has been studying from early morning until 8 p.m. at night. I am dying! He takes his test in one week! Only one more week!!!!! Trying to stay sane!!

5 comments:

Dave and Loralee said...

I make it in photoshop with my digital scrapbooking supplies. When we're all back from the holidays I can do a girls night and teach people a few things! I've already told Alison Hatch that I'd teach her some stuff, but I'd love to show everyone how easy it is! Digiscrapping is the BEST!
thanks for the compliment :)

Amanda said...

Sounds like a fun evening! Does your little sister live near you? That is fun!

We are going to put up decorations tonight or tomorrow night. We have been so busy!!!!

Ashley said...

It sounds like you guys are going to have a fun Christmas at your parents house this year! Good for you guys! I can't wait for Christmas either when we get to go to my parent's house! It is so fun to be there with everybody! We sure miss you guys!

The Atwood's said...

I left a message on my blog for you but I'll put it here to. Anytime you have Photoshop questions, just let me know or come over and we'll talk about it. Bring projects and I'll show you how to do them. And, like Loralee, I like digiscrapping too. It's alot more convenient. Oh, and my camera is a Canon Rebel xt. There is the new xti as well that is good and somewhat affordable. Also, I know alot of people like the Nikon. Those are the only two I know about and would recommend.

Grams said...

It sounds like you have big plans and things are all falling into place for a great holiday. We love you and will miss not having you here but know that you will be posting some great pictures and notes on your blog that will help fill us in. Love Mom