Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Our Ride...

Today we drove to my family's house in Minnesota. We woke up at 4:50 and we were on the road at 5:30 in the morning! Crazy i know, but we made it to Minnesota in good time, at 4:00 p.m. Our drive was very entertaining. Tanner hates sitting in a car seat so he was really fussy and ANGRY a lot of the way. We had to laugh at him most of the time because he was acting out his anger in a way we have never really seen and it was quite funny! Gavin got sick of hearing Tanner so he told him, "I don't want to hear your attitude Tanner!" It was hilarious. Gavin did such a great job! Tanner got upset in the car and randomly puked up all over himself. Very odd, we thought. We actually made it through Chicago in 25 minutes!!! WOAH! That will probably never happen to us again! We got here and my mom had some homemade lasagna made up for us(shane had his own pan since he doesn't like ricotta), the house smelled like Christmas from all the candles she had burning, the house was beautifully decorated, and it just felt like home. She also made us some apple crisp, which was delicious. After a day of driving and not eating too well, dinner and dessert was very enjoyable. It wasn't too long after that we all went downstairs and played Wii. They just bought the 2008 Madden Football and Shane LOVES it! They also got the new Mario Galaxy, which is really cool. We played bowling against each other and also boxing. Boxing was HILARIOUS! I wish i had a video of it! Anyway, we will be spending plenty of wasteful, enjoyable hours on that thing. I will post some pics tomorrow of the Christmas Decor(because it is pretty) and of some of our activities.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Driving for long hours is not fun. I have never done that with a child! I can't imagine it being too exciting! I would hate sitting in a car seat too!!!

I am glad you guys made it there safely! It will be so nice for you guys to have a break and to be with family! I am sure your mom is enjoying her grandkids!

Have a great time, you deserve it!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous of you guys that you are able to be with your family now. How long will you be there with them? I can't wait until December 21 when we will be heading for my parent's house. I hope that you guys have a great holiday season with your family!

Ashley said...

I am so jealous of you guys that you are able to be with your family now. How long will you be there with them? I can't wait until December 21 when we will be heading for my parent's house. I hope that you guys have a great holiday season with your family!

Dave and Loralee said...

Isn't it SO GREAT to be with family and feel so at home? :) Of course, feeling "at home" for me here in so cal doesn't involve all that snow you've got there! But those are great snow angel pictures :)
HAVE FUN!