Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve!...

These past few days have been CrAZy! On Friday, me, my sister and my mom went and got our hair done. That was a lot of fun. Afterwards we went out to lunch and i thought i was having major hunger pains, but after i ate it was still there, so i thought i was getting gas pains. We came home and what i thought were gas pains, increased to ExTRemE gas pains. I tried everything that is supposed to help the gas out, but nothing worked. I started feeling very nauseated like i was going to puke. I took Ibuprofen, gas-x, drank some chamomille tea(which is supposed to help gas pain), laid on my left side, and it subsided for awhile. We went to bed and it was still bothering me a bit. I woke up at 5:45 in the morning and the pains were really bad again. I also felt extreme anxiety, almost like my body was trying to tell me that it was more than gas pains. So i went upstairs and read for awhile and decided that something wasn't right. I woke up my dad and we waited it out for awhile. We decided to go into the ER at about 10:00 in the morning. I was in the ER for 9 hours because they couldn't quite figure out what was wrong. The doctor that was trying to figure it out came in and said, "you know, i have been doing this in the ER for years and years...i have been the most proficient doctor in here trying to get people in and out quick, but you have broken my record. You have got all of us confused as to what is wrong." Anyway, i didn't have all the symptoms that the average person has with appendicitis, so they thought it might have been something with my ovaries or fallopian tube. Turns out that i did have appendicitis. I went into surgery. The nice thing about it was that all the doctors and nurses knew my dad so they treated me extra special. :) The next morning i was released and it hasn't been bad at all. I feel great. This is nothing compared to a C-section, hernia repair, & vaginal birth. I feel sorry for my poor belly. I have had 3 surgeries on my stomach in 4 years, plus major stretching from being preggo with 2 BIG boys. I still plan to get a tummy tuck after i am done having babies, but my belly might collapse if i have another surgery on it.
Anyway, the day i came home my brother left to go get his girlfriend a gift and ended up rolling my dad's truck and demolishing it. Luckily he is okay. His left leg is in a brace and they still have yet to find out what is wrong with it. But, they think it is his ACL and that he will have to get surgery. Then, that night my dad gets a phone call from the hospital b/c they can't get a hold of the anesthesiologist on call, which has never happened before. He went in and on his way home he came down with something bad b/c he was up all night with severe stomach flu symptoms. And they called him an hour or two after he got home, the hospital called again to see if he could come in again to do an epidural. He had to tell them no because he was too sick to come in and since he wasn't on call he can't get in trouble for it. This is quickly becoming the craziest Christmas vacation I have ever had. HOPEFULLY nothing else happens and we can enjoy our Christmas Eve and Day accident- free .

3 comments:

H.Cook said...

My goodness Ashley, I hope nothing else happens to your family this year! I am sorry to hear about your appendix, that is no fun. You are so brave and positive and awesome. Have a great Christmas!

Lauri said...

My ASHY!!! Goodness girl!! I am glad everyone is okay! You guys have had a couple of insane days!! Rest up and have a wonderful Christmas! Call me after you guys are home! Love you all! Tell Gavin Happy Birthday from all of us....especially from Jocelyn! :)

Amanda said...

oh gosh! I am so sorry to hear that you had to have surgery!!! How horrible! I had my apedix out when I was 6. I don't remember it. But, I hear it can be very bad. I'm glad they figured it out!

Ok, when it rains it pours!!! I hope your family can be safe and happy this christmas! Good luck!

I laughed a little when you were talking about your possible gas pains. it reminded me of college. we always had gas. haha