Monday, December 10, 2007

National Boards!

Shane is taking his Boards right now. He should be done later today around 3-5. Shane has been studying for 8 hours or more a day for a few weeks. It tires me out just watching him. He is going to do great on his test! Shane has an amazing ability to remember what he learns. Studies come easier to him than it does for some of us. All these guys here at school amaze me. No way could i do it. I could do it, but what Shane learns in a semester would probably take me 3 semesters to learn. My dad and Shane are alike in that way. Why didn't i inherit his smarts? Hopefully my kids inherit "smarts" from Shane because i definitely don't learn quick! When he gets home it is PARTY time! This is a picture of Shane studying. This is what he has looked like for the past 3 weeks. Literally. :) I am so proud of him. I don't think he takes Boards again until his 4th year, which i hear is a day and a half long?!?!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck!!! I admire people who do these tests!!! I hear it is so involved and so hard. My thoughts are with you guys!!!

Please post on how he did!!!

Lauri said...

Wishing you luck, Shane! :) Sounds like you have done all you can to study, so I'm sure you will do great! I know Ashlee is excited to have her hubby back for awhile without school to worry about! Have a great trip to Minnesota. Ash, send me your mom's address!

The Jenks Fam said...

Shane is a great student. Lucky you! I had to drag, push, and pull Jared through--although he is very smart, he hates to study! Hopefully you'll have your Shane back soon! :)ace

The Atwood's said...

That is one thing I will not miss when Jake graduates - boards. So monotonous (I have no idea how to spell that word!). ;)

Bingham fam said...

GOOD LUCK TO SHANE!! I remember taking my boards for Dental Hygiene. That was probably the scariest thing that I have ever done. But gee if I can pass anyone can. I was never a very good test taker. So I am sure he will do great.