Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chicken and Rice anyone?

We have to be very careful what foods we buy b/c we are on a TIGHT budget. There is one meal that we eat all the time for dinner... Chicken and rice. We eat it so much now that we actually love eating it. It tastes really good, plus it is healthy so it makes us feel healthy! :) Anyway, we eat it so much now that everytime i talk to my mom on the phone she asks me "so, what are you fixing for dinner?" The reply is always the same, "Chicken and rice." We both laugh about it, but she gets more amusement out of it than i do. Plus she can relate b/c when they were in medical school they ate a lot of tuna and minced fish sticks. Now that is GROSS! Anyway, I am sure by the time we get out of school we will be sick of chicken and rice. So, if we invite you over for dinner i hope you like chicken and rice b/c that is probably what will be on the menu. Does anyone else have a story about eating the same thing over and over again?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

We like to eat pepper bellies. You heat up canned chili and pour it over fritos or chips. then you put sour cream and cheese on top. we haven't had that in a while.

I made a cheap meal the other day. you buy pork roasts and put it in the crock pot all day, then shred it. i cooked about 4lbs for $7.00. we have it all week long. tacos, nachos, b-b-q sandwhiches, anything! you should try it. it is pretty cheap.

how do you make the chicken and rice?

Melissa said...

To be honest my husband always wants grilled cheese sandwiches with tomatoe soup. I never ate the tomatoe soup before but it actually is pretty tasty and nice on a cold day. Cole even seems to like it.

But I think I would rather have rice and chicken infact I have a great reicpe for the chicken part.

Get frozen chicken and boil it till cooked and then heat the oven to 350 degrees and put the chicken on a cookie sheet and cover with your favorite BBQ sauce and then bake it for 25 minutes. It is great with the Costco Sweet baby Ray's sauce. And it is so tender too.
Enjoy :)

Dave and Loralee said...

Every single day in high school I ate a sandwich-white bread with mayo, a slice of ham and one kraft single. BOR-ING. But I actually read once that eating the same thing all the time helps you lose weight (there WAS a reason why, just forgot it). But maybe that explains why I was a trim 105 back then. Being only 5'2" had nothing to do with that :) If you want cheap meal ideas I'll see what I can come up with for you!

H.Cook said...

I want to know how you cook your chicken and rice too :) And I want some of Loralee's recipes too!