Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sooooo cute...


I feel like i have a lot to tell about what Gavin and Tanner have been up to. I will start with Tanner. He can walk on his own just fine, but he is too afraid to do it on his own. He can walk from Shane to me and from me to Shane just fine, but that is the only way to get him walking on his own. I was holding his hand the other day and he was just standing there. He let go of my finger and just stood there on his own, looked at me with a big smile and just stood there for the longest time. He was so proud of himself. His new thing is climbing up on the chairs and then climbing onto the table. It is so funny. He is saying the words : milk, sick, uck, tickle, momma. It is funny that "sick and "uck" are already in his vocabulary. Most people wouldn't recognize what he is saying, but i do b/c i am the momma. :)
Next is Gavin. Gavin is hilarious. I was telling him yesterday about how Grandma Jenks is going to come out and watch him and Tanner for 6 days during the summer while mommy and daddy go bye bye. He was excited and was asking me, "is she going to take us to the park? Is she going to take us to the store?" I replied yes. He said, "is she going to take us to the zoo?" I said, "i don't know. She doesn't know this place like we do, so she might not be able to. She might get lost. We will have to make her directions." He said, " Ohhh, i better help her." Yeah, you can help her. "aahhhh, i better hold her hand." It was sooooo sweet. Then today he cried when we dropped him off at primary so after church Shane asked him, "were you crying?" Gavin said, "yeah." Shane asked him why. Gavin replied, "Because i lost you." So sweet. His new thing is saying, "i better" before everything he says. "I better go to the bathroom.... i better go tell daddy....i better be quiet... i better go show him my picture." I am so enjoying my boys right now. :)

5 comments:

Lauri said...

"Because I lost you!" OHHHH, Ash! That is soooooo cute! Got me a little teary! :) I don't know what my deal is today! I cried after Jocelyn gave her talk in sharing time!!! I am emotional!! AHHH!

Ashley said...

Ash where do you get the cute backgrounds for your blog? I want to do one of those for ours! I need to really update ours! I just don't have enough to talk about. I want to put a different backgound on ours so if you don't mind telling me how you did it that would be great! Sounds like you guys are doing great! By the way how did your talk go today? I'm sure your guys did awesome! We haven't spoke in our ward yet either. I probably just jinxed us! :( Love you guys!

Amanda said...

Gavin is so funny! I love it! It is so great that you write down the funny things he says. He will love that someday!

Yeah, how did your talk go?

Ammieloris said...

Hi Ashlee. I really liked your talk in sacrament meeting, and I'm glad you have a blog so I can tell you here when I didn't have a chance to tell you yesterday.

P.S. Yes, thanks for the link to shabbyprincess.com!

Samye said...

Shane! So I found Erik's blog today and also found yours!! It looks like you guys are doing great- your family is so precious!! And you are in Ohio in Dental school? We are in Indiana in grad school!! If you guys ever head this way you will have to let us know!!