Friday, January 4, 2008

Out of Gavin's Mouth...

This morning we were eating breakfast and here is what happened...
Gavin said "Mom what is that?" pointing to the glade plug-in. I said, "It makes our house smell good." He said, "oh it does? I can smell it." He puts his nose up to it and sniffs. I said, "oh you can?" He said, "I sure do."
Then we hear a crash of something. He said, "oh no, what happened mommy?" I said, "i don't know." He said, "I better go see. I will be right back." I hear him ask daddy, "what happened daddy?" He came back in the kitchen and said, "the toys fell. That's what happened." I said, "ohhhhh, okay."
Then we were about to leave to take Shane to school and he was in his pj's and i planned on leaving his pj's on. He said, "mommy i need to get dressed. Change me mommy." I told him that we are going to leave him in his pj's. He said, "i need shoes mommy. I need to put my shoes on." I told him that we are going to carry him to the car. He said, "I need my jacket mommy." So, i put his coat on him.
He has been coming up to me lately, while i am sitting, and he puts his arms around me and holds me and says, "i like you mommy." I tell him i like him too. Then he says, "i love you mommy." I tell him i love him too. Then he starts playing with my hair and caressing my head. Then he rubs my belly and says, "you have an ouwy mommy?" referring to my surgery i just recently had. I say, "yes, i have an ouwy, but i am not hurting anymore." He says, "ohhhhhhhh," in such a gentle, high-pitched and concerned way while he continues rubbing my belly. He is so sweet. He is so concerned for everyone.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a sweet boy! You are raising such a lover! He is going to be a ladies man when he gets older!!!

My sister's boy does that. He is a few months older than Gavin. He always says to me "Auntie, you are a delicate flower. You are so beautiful." He loves to rub my hair and my back. it is funny.

What a sweetie!