Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winter Storm Warning...


Later afternoon yesterday we were put under a winter storm warning. It snowed a lot and almost looked like a blizzard outside. It went on for about 10-12 hours i believe. I got a phone call from Holly, my sister, last night asking if i could pick her up from work b/c there was no way her car would make it home. I went to pick her up at about 11:00 p.m. Since we have a 4-wheel drive and brand new tires i felt safe. I have never seen the roads of Cleveland look so empty! Everybody that was on the road kept fish-tailing and doing 360's on the road. The snow was so thick. Anyway, i picked her up and dropped her off safely. We are supposed to get more snow today, but his weekend is supposed to be in the 40's. Hopefully that will melt away our snow in our driveway b/c we don't have a snow shovel anymore. Shane was shoveling a little last night and the thing just bent in half. I was surprised by how many people i saw at midnight shoveling their driveways.
In other news, Shane is back at school today...back to studies. I can't believe we are so close to being done with our second year. We will be third years. I feel like we just got here!!!! CRAZY!
Gavin has picked up singing big time. :) I listen to Josh Groban's CD Awake a lot. He picks up on the music fast b/c he sings along to a lot of the songs...especially the song "You are Loved(Don't give up)....he sings really loud to that one. I wish you could see it. It is so cute. We like to dance to that song while we sing it.
Tanner has picked up walking, but he has to use a little walker thing he got for Christmas to help him learn how to walk. He uses that thing to get around the house now. It is hilarious how much he uses it. I made popcorn yesterday and instead of crawling into the other room to get some he had to get his walker and walk himself into the room.






2 comments:

Amanda said...

How funny that your shovel bent in half. I hope you can bend it back instead of buying a new one!

We have some snow here, it is mostly melted though. I wish we had more. But, I hate driving in it!

I would totally love to see a video of the boys doing their thing! I love it when kids sing. Cole sings "you give love a bad name". We all watched american idol this past season and Blake sang that song and ever since Cole sings it. Yesterday at my mom's house he as singing it to me. It was funny!

Love the pictures!

Lauri said...

Ahhh! I miss those boys! When are we going to see you guys this year? We got spoiled with two visits last year! :( Jocelyn was talking about Baby Tanner the other day to someone. It was so cute! :)