Sunday, January 13, 2008

Typical...


Gavin's newest thing: Reading while he goes to the bathroom. It is quite funny. The other day he said, "mommy, i have to go pee pee. I need a paper." I was like, "what? huh?" Anyway, it was funny. He caught me off guard. Also, Gavin started Sunbeams. He did pretty good. Our ward here had a transitioning class called moonbeams that he was in for a little while to prepare him for Sunbeams. He did so good. I saw him walking in the hallway back to his class from primary and he had his arms folded, walking very upright with a bouncy walk. He was feeling like a big boy - like a proud big boy. It was so cute to watch my little guy start sunbeams. He likes to tell us what he does... "we learned about Jesus. We sang songs." I think he tells us the same thing every week, but it is so fun hearing the same thing each week. We have an amazing ward here and i LOVE the spirit that is felt each week...I have learned so much from my friends here in the ward. They are all amazing examples to me. Through all of the hard times i have been through over the past year, i could not have asked for a better ward, better friends or better aquaintances. I know Heavenly Father has been looking out for me and my family. I know that it is by no coincidence that we ended up here.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

ok that is so funny!!! What a guy! why do men like to read while they poop? it makes no sense to me! I get in get it over with and don't think twice about it. men, are different! I love the picture!!! you can show his wife one day! Too cute!!!

Lauri said...

Gavin...he is hilarious!! :) Can you believe our little ones are Sunbeams now?!?! Crazy!

Like Amanda said, you can show his wife one day...Jocelyn! :) After she realizes she can't marry Uncle John, Gavin will be her first choice! :) "I LOVE MY Gavin!!" she tells me!

Amanda said...

Sorry, it's me again. It looks like he is so close to falling in!!! haha!

How long does he sit there for?