Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day...

Today Shane got the royal treatment. It is tradition in my family that whenever it is someone's B-day or if it is Father's/Mother's Day, that person doesn't have to do anything that day. It is a day of rest and relaxation. So, Shane pretty much was allowed to be a couch potato today without hearing any arguments from me. He also got his favorite meal...lasagna, corn, garlic bread, and a yummy salad. On top of that he got his favorite cake- Better than "anything" cake. He also received a special massage treatment from me, and from the boys as well. The boys had a lot of fun pounding on daddy's back. It was very entertaining to watch. :) I have to mention at least one way that i know our boys LOVE daddy. The boys, especially Gavin, get sick of me during the day, probably b/c they have to see my face all day long. :) When daddy comes home Gavin suddenly is in the BEST mood ever, and therefore making mommy in a better mood. :) He turns into this sweet boy that i didn't know existed that day...HI, HELLO, um... where did you come from?!!? haha. j/k. Anyway, but it is kind of like that. Gavin LOVES LOVES LOVES his daddy and is a better person b/c of him. Shane is his hero. Gavin's excitement for his dad makes me think of the song "i am so glad when daddy comes home, glad as i can be. Clap my hands and shout for joy and climb upon his knee." Gavin and Tanner are always at the door to greet daddy when he gets home from school and anxiously wait for him to wrestle around with them. Anyway, Shane, you are wonderful. You are the best daddy and you make our house a much more spontaneous and happier house for us to live in. The boys and i love you very much. Happy Father's Day! Happy Father's Day to my dad and to my Father-in-law as well! :)

No comments: