Tuesday, June 17, 2008

LiFe in the JeNkS HouSeHoLD...

Here are some sweet pictures of the boys...

I thought this was a very moody and sweet picture. Tanner was sad at the moment and Gavin felt like a caring daddy telling Tanner what to do. Tanner puts his head down like this when he is sad.
Tanner had fun pushing Gavin on the swingset. Gavin was laughing so hard.

1. My boys eat loads of food when they really like the meal i make. It is crazy to me. But amazingly i can eat more than Shane sometimes when it comes to dinner. Shane tells me, "I don't know how you do it, but sometimes you are able to eat more than i do and it is kind of disgusting." Haha...what can i say. I use the excuse that i work out really hard and so my body needs a lot of energy and allows me to eat a ton of food at dinner. Sometimes i am just STARVING at dinner time and my body tells me to keep eating! :)

2. Gavin is getting curious about body parts. Can anybody tell me about when your kids started. He is like, "Daddy has a *#@!$%??" I say, "Um, yes he does." I try to act casual about it and change the subject. I don't want to make a big deal of it. I answer him though b/c i figure it is something i can tell him. Then he said, "Does Avery(his friend) have a &@$#!^?" I say, "um, no, Avery is a girl. Girls don't have them." He says, "Girls don't have !@*#*#?" I say, "No, girls don't have #@#%&^". He says, "Oh." Someone with experience, please tell me when your kids started this curiosity. I assume it is normal and that my reaction is fine, but i would like to know from others.

3. Shane loves to sneek up on the boys and scare them. He loves to harrass, what can i say. It is fun... sometimes. :) I love you hun. Anyway, he snuck in on the boys yesterday while they were finishing up dinner. He jumped into the kitchen and yelled his screachingly loud and horrorifying yell that gets me everytime. I saw Tanner's face. I have never seen the look of horror on that kids face like i did at that moment. His mouth dropped wide open, he leaned back in his chair and put his hand to his face. I thought he would start crying right away, but as soon as he realized daddy was harrassing them again he just started laughing. I can't do that. I am very jumpy and when he scares me i jump and scream and then i get mad at him! I usually throw in a girly hit after that. :)

4. Shane still thinks that Gavin doesn't know anything. haha. What i mean is that you can't lie to him anymore and have him believe you. For example, the windows were down in the car and we decided to roll them up and turn on the A.C. Gavin got mad b/c he loves having his window down. Now what Shane says here is something Gavin could have been tricked into believing maybe when he was Tanner's age, BUT now? I don't think so. Gavin says, "Open my window daddy." Shane says, "It is open. Look. I didn't close it." haha. I look at him with this dumb- founded look..."r u kidding me? haha. He isn't dumb Shane." It is entertaining sometimes what Shane still thinks he can get away with. :)

5. Okay, Shane is hilarious. He went with me to a spinning(also called cycling) class on Saturday. I love spinning. It is a great workout. Well, i have been working out consistenly for a long time now. Shane doesn't really workout, except for the occasional b-ball game or bike ride we go on. This spinning class is 45 minutes and they push you HARD. Well, ever since the class Shane just can't walk down the stairs. He goes down one step at a time very slowly or if he ends up going down the stairs like normal, forgetting his legs hurt, then all of a sudden i see him flying down the stairs with this abnormal looking run and then this moan of pain. It is hilarious. He lifts his legs high and he has these pointy toes. It is so funny and i love laughing at him b/c of it. I had fun telling him this the day after the class.....Shane said, "Man, do your legs hurt? Mine hurt really bad." I said in this snotty voice, "uh, NO, i am used to it," and gave him this smirky grin. It was so fun. If there is anything that i can beat him at i really have to give him a hard time for it b/c it doesn't happen very often.

6. Okay, i know this is a lot of information. Don't worry mom, i will post some pics later today. :)

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

How funny Ash! Your boys are so funny, and yes, I think it's funny that Shane thinks he can still sneak things past Gavin! Around our house...we have to be very careful what we talk about...our older kids pick up on everything now. :)

The JL McGregor Family said...

HAH! How funny! Yes, I think your boys are very normal, sometime we can sit around and trade stories... I love how I can totally hear you talking in your writing.