Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What people don't know about me...

1. People mistake my shyness for being snobby. It takes me awhile to warm up to people i just met. Sometimes longer than it should! I am just kind of shy.
2. I zone out a lot!!! If i ever talk by you and don't notice you, trust me, it is not you. When i am thinking about something sometimes i can easily block everything else out that is around me! TRuly! Sometimes i might even zone out while staring at someone. Yu know, the blank stare. I don't realize i am staring right at someone until i snap back with it and realize that person was trying to wave at me and probably thought "how rude, she is looking right at me and won't even wave hi." Weird i know. Sometimes i think i would have made a good blonde.
3. I love photography.
4. hahaha. jk. I know you already knew that one! Just felt like making a funny. :)
5. I am actually a really loud person...with my family. For some reason i don't feel comfortable being loud with other people. I show a whole different side of myself with my family. :) And i want to try to show that side of me with others, but somehow i have to find a way to feel comfortable with showing that side! Don't know when that will happen.
6. I love to make myself laugh. Often times i do really weird things b/c I know it will get a weird look from my husband, my boys, and my family, BUT that is what makes it so funny to me. When i need a good laugh i know how to get one from myself.
7. I have always felt like i am not talented. Soooo many women have soooo many talents. I cannot sing or play a musical instrument. I am just not musically inclined, but i do love to sing anyway. Anyway, i can't scrapbook good at all. It is very basic. I am not a good organizer and wish i were. I am not that great at keeping my house clean. When you come to my house and it is clean it is b/c i had been cleaning the whole day to make sure it is clean for visitors. I cook dinner every night, but i don't cook AMAZING meals like so many women seem to do. I cook basic meals. I can't sew. Well, i can sew flannel pants and fix something very basic, but that is it. I DO NOT iron anything. I have probably ironed 3 times since we have been married. Now that i told you that you all will probably notice all our wrinkly clothes from now on. I am not a creative thinker. I have never had a talent of my own. Until just recently when photography came along! :) And one more thing i can't wait to see if i can do....interior decorating. One day. I am not telling you this b/c i am in need of or searching for compliments. Really. I am telling you this so you can know WHO I AM.
8. I want you to know who i am b/c i guess i don't want to be misunderstood. Do i feel like i have been misunderstood? No, not so much, but i realize it is kind of nice to know someone so that i can better understand them and not have to jump to conclusions or assume things about them when i don't really know them. I don't know if i am making any sense, but i am making sense to myself. I just wanted to write this down. :)

11 comments:

Seth said...

I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! I just checked out all your pictures! Oh my, I want to drive half way across the country so you can take pictures of my kids!!! I'll keep in touch and maybe one day it will happen!

Cam and Chelle said...

Hi hi, it's Michelle, from Perkins, Amanda found me on here and I'm so glad to find everyone else! Anyway, your pics are so cute! Your boys are gorgeous! Oh, and I think you're a great dancer, remember that Chicago dance we made up, wow...! Love, Chelle

Cam and Chelle said...

Hi, I forgot you were in D-school too, had to come back and check.. where are you guys at? Email me! chellebirch@gmail.com

Lauri said...

That was fun to read!! Number two made me laugh! We used to always zone out at the same time! People always got a kick out of that, especially at EFY! :)
I'm glad that I've known you for SO long and I know the loud Ashlee! :) I was laughing when I was reading how you make yourself laugh! I can totally picture your facial expressions! LOL.
I was thinking about it...maybe you don't sew or play an instrument, but you are one of the STRONGEST people I know and that is definitely a gift!!! I admire you in so many ways, Ash. You are also very determined! If you set your mind to something, you DO IT! Plus you are an AMAZING photographer! I'm so glad that you found something you love so much and that comes so naturally for you! :)

Amanda said...

I remember when we were roommates and we were going to sleep and I would wake up and you would be looking at me. We would laugh so hard!

Remember when we sang the whole lion king CD when Mony had a guy over!? haha!!! good times!

Monica and Stephen said...

Well it's good to know. Just kidding I knew most of that from living with you in College. Your great.

Jill said...

I love how you just write whatever is on your mind. That was really fun to read and I know what you mean about feeling like you don't have any talents. I've felt that way, too but you know what? LOTS of people out there think you are super talented. Sometimes it's just hard to see within ourselves. I love your blog!

H.Cook said...

I don't think you ever seem snobby! I loved reading about you... confirms the fact that I think you are very cool :)

Dave and Loralee said...

I know you're not a snob-you're one of my favorite people :) And I like your blabbing-it makes me feel more comfortable b/c I'm such a blabber :) And I'm TOTALLY looking forward to the day when you act around me the way you act with your family-bring it on!!!!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

My shyness has always been misconstrued as me being snobby. And its not even that I'm really shy--because I'm not--sometimes I just don't quite know how to act around other people. I'm really loud as well when I am in my element, but it takes some time for me to feel comfortable.

Those things you listed as talents--I wouldn't really consider those talents. Honey, trust me...ironing is NOT a talent. :) Your photography is beautiful and I'm continually amazed at how quickly you have picked it up. I know I don't comment a lot, but I have you on my google reader so I do see very post and every picture.

Alright, that's it. :) Thanks for sharing--it was fun to read these things.

The Beecrofts said...

I think everyone just wants to be understood! Everything you wrote is so funny to me because from my view your house is ALWAYS so clean when I come over, and I always check out your pictures because they are AMAZING- you definately have a creative eye! Sometimes someone will say something to me like, oh you are such a great, patient mom! And I'm thinking, I thought we were good enough friends for you to see I want lock my kids in their room sometimes... Anyway, everyone has their struggles, but luckily everyone has their strengths too! You do such a great job of trying to enjoy life, even the tiny things- you are an inspiration to me!